If you are a Small Trader who is based at a residential property or runs your business from a vehicle, you can use our recycling centres by purchasing a Small Traders Tipping Permit.
There are 2 types of Small Traders Tipping Permit:
The maximum vehicle size permitted at each site is gross 3.5 tonnes.
To use either permit, you need to produce a Waste Carriers License, which
can be obtained from the SEPA website, or by calling them direct on 03000 99 66 99.
Where to buy permits
Temporarily suspended until recycling centres reopen.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions the purchase of permits is temporarily unavailable from any of our Advice and Support Hubs. Permits are available to purchase at Kinneil Recycling Centre only.
What materials are accepted under each permit?
- Food and drinks cans
- Plastic bottles and trays
- Glass bottles and jars
- Fridges and freezers
- White goods, such as washing machines
- Small electrical appliances
- Textiles, including shoes
- Light bulbs
- Garden waste
- Mineral oil
- Scrap metal
- Upholstered furniture and divan bed bases
- Large domestic plastics, such as garden furniture
- Non-recyclable commercial waste