If you are a Small Trader who is based at a residential property or you run your business from a vehicle, you can use our recycling centres by purchasing a Small Traders Tipping Permit.
Small Traders Tipping Permit
There are 3 types of permit:
The maximum vehicle size permitted at each site is gross 3.5 tonnes.
To use any of the permits, you need to produce a Waste Carriers License, which can be obtained from the SEPA website, or by calling them direct on 03000 99 66 99.
Where to buy permits
You can buy a Small Trader Tipping Permit on My Falkirk.
What materials are accepted under each permit?
- Food and drinks cans
- Plastic bottles and trays
- Glass bottles and jars
- Textiles, including shoes
- Light bulbs
- Scrap metal
Green Waste permit
- Grass/Bush cuttings etc
- Upholstered furniture and divan bed bases
- Large domestic plastics, such as garden furniture
- Non-recyclable commercial waste
Materials that are not accepted under a small trader's permit
- Fridges and freezers
- White goods, such as washing machines
- Small electrical appliances
- Tyres – this recycling facility is not for commercial users of the site, who should have their own tyre recycling facilities.
- Mineral Oil - this recycling facility is not for commercial users of the site, who should have their own oil recycling facilities
- Hazardous waste
Where to take commercial waste
Access for commercial waste will be available at Kinneil Recycling Centre and Roughmute Recycling Centre. Small Trader Tipping Permits can be purchased on-line from the council’s web site.
Alternative sites to deposit commercial waste within Falkirk area include:
- Foundry Steels, Clyde Street, Grangemouth
- A W Jenkinson Woodwaste Ltd, Carriden Industrial Estate, Bo'ness
- Central Demolition Limited, Chatton Works Industrial Estate, Bonnybridge
- Avondale Environmental Limited, Avondale Road, Falkirk
To check that a site is registered to accept waste visit SEPA's website.