Under Part 5 of the Community Empowerment (Scotland) Act 2015, Community Asset Transfer
introduces a right for community bodies to make requests to all local authorities,
Scottish Ministers and a wide-ranging list of public bodies, for any land or buildings
they feel they could make better use of. Community bodies can request ownership,
lease or other rights, as they wish.
Register of Assets
To help Community Transfer Bodies identify assets that may be available through
asset transfer, section 94 of Part 5 of the act requires each relevant authority
to establish, maintain and make available a register of land which it owns or leases, "to the best of its knowledge and belief".
The community asset transfer process is described in detail in this FAQ.
Community Transfer Bodies are encouraged to start thinking about what they want their
project to achieve. Then they can consider whether they need an asset to deliver
their aims, and look for somewhere that will be suitable. This is highlighted in
advice from the Community Ownership Support Services.
Potential asset transfer requests
- Bainsford Community Hall - details
- Bainsford Community Hall - notice
- Bothkennar Community Hall - details
- Bothkennar Community Hall - notice
- Bothkennar Community Hall - expression of interest (Application stage 1)
- California Community Hall - details
- California Community Hall - notice
How to Apply
If you are interested in submitting an expression of interest please complete and
return the stage 1 application form:
- Community Asset Transfer - Expression of interest form
The stage 2 application form should be used when you are
ready to submit a formal asset transfer request:
- Community Asset Transfer - Stage 2 Asset Transfer Request Form