The Falkirk Local Development Plan 2 (LDP2) is the statutory document which guides future development in the Council area for the period 2020-2040. It was adopted on 07 August 2020.
LDP2 contains a vision for the area, an overall strategy, and detailed policies and proposals indicating where development should, or should not take place. It provides criteria which the Council uses in assessing planning applications.
LDP2 and the associated Proposals Maps are also available for download below:
- Map 1 - Banknock, Bonnybridge, Denny, Allandale, Greenhill and Torwood
- Map 2 - Falkirk, Larbert and Stenhousemuir
- Map 3 - Rural North - Airth, Dunmore, Letham and South Alloa
- Map 4 - Rural South - Avonbridge, Limerigg, Slamannan, Standburn and the Loan
- Map 5 - Grangemouth, Polmont Area, California, Shieldhill, Skinflats and Whitecross
- Map 6 - Bo'ness, Blackness and Muirhouses
- Map 7 - Falkirk Town Centre Inset
Hard copies of LDP2 are available at a cost of £30 (including p+p). Requests to purchase should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Development Plan Scheme
Our Development Plan Scheme sets out the work undertaken on LDP2. It also provides information on future changes to the development plan process.
- Development Plan Scheme (DPS)
In addition to LDP2 itself, the Council produces Supplementary Guidance which provides further more detailed guidance on certain policies in the LDP.
An Action Programme has been published in association with LDP2, identifying the actions, timescales and agencies required to deliver the plan.
- Action Programme