When a vehicle is reported to us, we will carry out a number of checks before deciding the vehicle has actually been abandoned.

We will not consider a vehicle to be abandoned if it is parked in the immediate vicinity of the owner's property. Any vehicle which has valid road tax will only be considered abandoned in exceptional circumstances.

Before reporting a vehicle as abandoned, you can check if it is taxed.

Road traffic offences, such as untaxed vehicles or vehicles causing an obstruction, should be reported to Central Scotland Police on their non-emergency number, 101. We cannot take any action on road traffic offences.

Report an abandoned vehicle

You can report an abandoned vehicle by using our online form:

Surrendering your vehicle

If you own a vehicle and no longer want it, you can ask us to remove it free of charge.

If you would like us to remove your vehicle, please complete the following forms:

Notification of transfer to the motor trade
Vehicle surrender form