A licence is required where you intend to have entertainment such as a dance, concert, fairground or other form of entertainment to which members of the public are to be admitted whether some payment is made for admission or not.

Please contact us for a full list of entertainment premises that require a licence.

You would not normally require a licence for:

  • An athletic or sports ground which is being used for these purposes
  • Entertainment that is being provided in premises that already is licensed under liquor licensing laws and where the Operating Plan includes the entertainment
  • If you hold a current theatre or cinema licence

Generally, a licence would not be required for the holding of a community fete, gala day or other similar event which is free to the public.

For more information on public entertainment licences please contact us: