What is an LSO?

Falkirk Council employs two Licensing Standards Officers (LSO's) who are available to offer advice and assistance on any aspect of alcohol licensing. Their role is to provide guidance; offer mediation and to ensure compliance with legislation.

  • Guidance
    The LSO's would provide information and guidance to any interested parties concerning alcohol licensing, liaise with licensed trade/others; give talks/presentations.
  • Compliance
    Monitor and inspect licensed premises; issue compliance notices; report premises to licensing board.
  • Mediation
    Deal with complaints; discuss licensing problems/disputes with premises/neighbours.

How can I contact an LSO?

You should contact the LSO that covers the area in which the premises to which your enquiry relates is:

Area LSO Contact
Airth, Brightons, Glen Village, Hallglen, Grangemouth, Bo'ness, Laurieston, Maddiston, Polmont, Redding, Reddingmuirhead, Rumford, Shieldhill, Wallacestone, Westquarter, Falkirk town centre (shared).
Denny, Stenhousemuir, Larbert, Camelon, Allandale, Banknock, Bonnybridge, Carron & Carronshore, Dennyloanhead, Dunipace, Fankerton & Stoneywood, Haggs, Head of Muir, High Bonnybridge, Longcroft, Falkirk town centre (shared).

We can also be contacted via: licensing@falkirk.gov.uk

Do I have to come to the council office to speak with an LSO?

No. If you want to speak with an LSO directly, we will be happy to arrange a time, date and location to suit you.