A licence is required where you intend to have public entertainment such as a dance, concert, fairground or other form of entertainment to which members of the public are to be admitted, whether some payment is made for admission or not.
Please contact us for a full list of entertainment premises and activities that require a licence.
You would not normally require a licence for:
- An athletic or sports ground which is being used for these purposes
- Entertainment that is being provided in premises already licensed under liquor licensing laws and where the Operating Plan includes entertainment
- If you hold a current theatre or cinema licence
Generally, a licence would not be required for the holding of a community fete, gala day or other similar community event which is free to the public.
How to apply
The public entertainment licence application form is available to download:
- Application form for a new, temporary or renewal of a Public Entertainment Licence
DOCX file, 82 KB
- Application form for variation to a Public Entertainment Licence
DOCX file, 73.2 KB
- Operator's details form
DOCX file, 19.6 KB
- Change of address form
DOCX file, 23.6 KB
You can also get application forms by contacting us: