2023 Christmas School Holiday Food and Activities Fund is open
The aim of the fund is to support local organisations deliver activities and food to children and young people from low-income families across Falkirk during the Christmas school holiday.
- Funding of up to £2,000 is available.
- Projects must have activities that cover a minimum number of 2 days throughout the Christmas holiday.
To ensure funding is processed in time for the Christmas school holiday, applications must be submitted by Friday 10 November 2023.
Who is the funding intended to reach?
Funding is aimed at school-aged children aged 5-14 who are most likely to be experiencing disadvantage due to continued poverty.
Around 9 in 10 children living in poverty are from households with one or more of the priority family characteristics identified in the Tackling Child Poverty Delivery Plan; therefore, 85% of this funding is intended to be targeted at children and young people from the priority family groups below and should be targeted (but not limited) at children and young people from the priority family groups:
- Children from lone-parent families
- Children from ethnic minority families
- Children from families with a disabled adult or child
- Children from families with a young mother (under 25)
- Children from families with a child under 1 year old
- Children from larger families (3+ children)
The remaining 15% of the funding can be used flexibly to reach other children, including under-5s and older children, who would benefit from access to free holiday clubs, food, and activities that could include, but are not limited to:
- Children from other low-income families
- Care experienced children and young people
- Young carers
- Children in need of protection
- Children supported by a child's plan
- Children with ASN
- Children who have undergone significant transitions, for example, starting in ELC, primary or secondary school
How to apply
Complete the online form below:
Applications should be submitted no later than Friday 10 November 2023 – this is to ensure funding is processed in time for the Christmas school holiday.
A guide on how to submit the application can be downloaded below:
Guidance on completing the application form
New limitations on activities that will/will not be funded are applied from 2023 Autumn Fund:
New restrictions - Autumn 2023
Support is available to help you develop your application
Completing your application
For help completing your application including how you can promote food and activities towards the target groups contact:
For advice on how to organise activities for children and young people contact:
For help with capacity building, applying for funding, and governance support contact:
Menu ideas and food guidance
For menu ideas, portion guidance, resources, and training to support the food provision of funding, email email@example.com or visit: