Voting now closed
Public voting has now closed. The results will be announced 29 March 2024.
Community Choices is the name of our participatory budgeting programme.
Through a public vote, participatory budgeting offers a democratic way for local residents to have a direct say in how public money can be used to address their priorities and invest in local, community led projects.
We are working alongside Falkirk Health and Social Care Partnership to deliver a fund of over £3.5m to be invested in local community projects, created by local groups and voted for by local residents. The fund is divided across Falkirk Council's 9 electoral wards.
Groups who can apply include:
- Constituted groups or clubs
- Registered charities
- Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisations (SCIO's)
- Not for profit companies
- Community Interest companies (CIC's) with no private benefit.
- Community Councils
- Community Trusts
Private businesses and individuals are not eligible to apply. While faith-based organisations may apply, we cannot fund the practice of religion, or any activities that actively promote religion or particular belief systems. We cannot fund activities that are exclusive to only those who practice that religion.
We believe that communities know what's best for themselves – and what they need to improve the quality of life for residents where they live. Community Choices wants to capture that local ambition and aspiration. Community Choices encourages local people to become involved in delivering activities and social infrastructure that are important to them.
There are 2 types of funds you can apply to:
Place-based Capital Grants are allocated by electoral ward; there is also a Falkirk-wide Capital Grants category for projects that will benefit the whole community.
Groups can apply once to the Small Grant fund and once to the Capital Grant fund simultaneously.
Groups cannot apply for the Ward-based Capital Grant Fund and the Falkirk-wide Capital Grant Fund simultaneously.
- Opening date: Thursday 12 October 2023
- Closing date: midnight Friday 01 December 2023
- Opening date: Monday 29 January 2024
- Closing date: midnight Friday 23 February 2024
Results of the public vote will be announced 29 March 2024.
Where to get help if you need it?
How does the programme work?
- When the programme is open for applications, download and complete an application form.
- Email the completed application form and accompanying documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Council officers and the Advisory Panel review all applications for eligibility.
- If eligible, your proposal will be put to the public vote.
- If successful in the public vote, the Community Choices team will meet with you.
- Following the meeting, an award letter with T&C's will be issued, it should be signed and returned.
- Groups should not spend any Community Choices allocation until the signed award letter has been received by the Community Choices team.