We work closely with our partners to provide a first step back into learning for
the many adults and young people who may have missed out on their own education,
or who find they now need new and different skills for life today.
Our work is designed around the needs of individuals and the communities in which
For more information, please contact your local
Community Education Centre.
These classes offer support to the needs of individual learners as part of a small
This might include:
- Reading, writing and numbers
- Getting your point across: how to communicate better
- Job Search skills : CVs and interview tips
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
For more information, please contact Support to Learning:
Community Learning & Development run a wide range of free courses based on the
learning needs of you and your family.
- Homework help for parents - keeping up with your 5-14 year olds
- Confident parenting - tips to help you help your children
- Anti-bullying - how to spot and deal with bullying
- Internet safety - how to protect your children on the Internet
- Parent support for special educational needs - extra help when needed
To find our more, please speak to a Community Education
Worker in your area.
Are you part of a community group or organisation and would like help to develop
and improve your community? We can work with you or your group to help you to:
- take part in the shaping the future of your community
- get more involved in community life
- learn the skills to set up and manage projects
- have your views heard at Area Forums
- gain the confidence you need to make a difference
To find out more about what we can do for you and your community, contact your local learning centre.
Digital Learning and Public Internet Access
Community Learning & Development offer free digital learning courses across
the Falkirk Council areas.
Fast Track: If you are unemployed and looking for work, this is the course for you.
Qualifications and accreditation are available. For more details, please contact
the Camelon Project:
Beginners Computing: This course covers everything for the beginner, including using
the Internet. To find out more, please contact your local
Community Learning Centre.
Public Internet Access: Most Community Centres offer Public Internet Access. For
more information, please contact your local Community
Leisure and interest-based courses, programmes and opportunities
Whatever your interest – from learning a new language to model railways, whether
you want to improve your skills or find a new hobby - there is something for everyone.
Speak to a Community Education Worker in your area.