If there are no Registered Tenants' & Residents' Organisations (RTOs) in your
area, you can set one up. Council tenants, private tenants, owners and occupiers
are all welcome to do so. Your local One Stop Shop/Advice and Support Hub
or Tenant participation Team can help you.
RTOs are eligible for a £300 yearly grant.
To register with us, your group must complete a registration form, along with a
copy of your group's constitution. This constitution should include:
- The name of the organisation and the area it covers
- The aims and objectives of the organisation
- An equal opportunities statement
- How often the organisation will meet
- A minimum number of people present for making decisions
- How the accounts are checked
- What happens if the association disbands
You can download the RTO application form, or you can pick one up from any One Stop Shop/Advice and Support Hub.
- RTO application form
Please make sure you refer to the guidance notes when completing the application