Taxi fares and other related charges are set by us. The fares set are the maximum that can be charged.
- Current taxi charges
Calculation of taxi fares
The taxi fare is calculated dependent on what tariff is operating.
We have 2 tariffs in the Falkirk Council area and the taxi tariff charged will be dependent on:
- what time of day it is
- if it's a public holiday
Future holiday dates
If you are an operator, it is your responsibility to ensure that your calendar meter has future holiday dates programmed in.
|01 January 2021
||New Year's Day
|02 January 2021
|02 April 2021
|05 April 2021
|03 May 2021
||May Holiday Weekend
|05 July 2021
||Falkirk Fair Monday
|13 September 2021
|25 December 2021
|26 December 2021
By law, we have to regularly review the scale of fares charged. We must conclude our review within 18 months of the new fares coming into effect.
When we carry out a review, we:
- listen to the views of the representatives of our taxi operators
- advertise the proposed new fares in a local newspaper
- invite members of the public to make comments within 1 month of the newspaper
- consider any comments that are made
- advise our taxi operators of the new fares
If you would like more information about how we set taxi fares, please contact us.