The Taxi and Private Hire Car Forum provides an opportunity for its Members to review the licensing of taxis and private hire cars in the Falkirk Council area, to offer advice and make recommendations to the licensing authority.
The Forum is made up of:
- The Council Portfolio holder for Public Protection
- The opposition spokesperson
- A representative of Police Scotland
- A representative of disabled people
- Representatives of the public
- Representatives from the taxi trade: a taxi operator and a driver
- Representatives from Private Hire Car Operators
- A representative from local businesses whose clients rely on the vehicle hire trade
The Forum's Membership is set at 14 and currently all 14 places are filled. Any vacancies will be advertised.
Meetings are held four times a year and the minutes of these meetings are available below.