To operate a private hire car in the Falkirk Council area, you need a licence.

You can make an application for an operator's licence before you buy a vehicle, obtain a vehicle inspection or insurance.

You can hold this type of licence as an individual or in the name of a limited company or partnership.

If you wish to drive a vehicle as a Private Hire Car a separate licence known as a Private Hire Car Driver's Licence is required.

If you are applying for a new Private Hire Car Operator Licence the licence will be granted for a period of 1 year.

If you are applying to renew a Private Hire Car Operator Licence you have the choice of applying for a 1 year or a 3-year licence.

How to apply

Application forms are available for download:

Application form for a new taxi or private hire operator licence
Application form for the renewal of a taxi operator or private hire car operator licence

You can also get an application form by contacting us: