The Falkirk Local Development Plan (LDP) is the statutory document which guides future
development in the Council area for the period 2014-2034. It was adopted on 16 July
The LDP contains a vision for the area, an overall strategy, and detailed policies
and proposals indicating where development should, or should not take place. It
provides criteria which the Council uses in assessing planning applications.
In addition to the LDP itself, the Council produces
Supplementary Guidance which provides further more detailed guidance on certain
policies in the LDP.
The Council is starting work on a review of the plan -
Local Development Plan 2.
Where can I see the Local Development Plan?
The Local Development Plan and the associated Proposals Maps are also available for download
- Adopted Plan
- Map 1 - Banknock, Bonnybridge, Denny, Allandale, Greenhill and Torwood
- Map 2 - Falkirk, Larbert and Stenhousemuir
- Map 3 - Rural North - Airth, Dunmore, Letham and South Alloa
- Map 4 - Rural South - Avonbridge, Limerigg, Slamannan, Standburn and the Loan
- Map 5 - Grangemouth, Polmont Area, California, Shieldhill, Skinflats and Whitecross
- Map 6 - Bo'ness, Blackness and Muirhouses
- Map 7 - Falkirk Town Centre Inset
The LDP Action Programme identifies the actions, timescales and agencies required
to deliver the plan.
- Action Programme