You will need a Late Hours Catering Licence if you sell meals or refreshments between 11:00pm and 5:00am.
Unless your premises:
- Holds a Premises Licence in terms of the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005; or
- Holds a Public Entertainment Licence in terms of the Civic Government (Scotland)
Act 1982; and
- meals or refreshments are only offered within licensed operating hours.
The Council may, on application made to them, exempt the use of premises requiring a late hours catering licence from the requirement to have such a licence:
- In respect of any particular occasion; or
- during a specified period not exceeding 2 months in any period of 12 months.
How to apply
The late hours catering licence application form is available to download.
- New or renewal application form
- Arrangements for Disposal and Presentation of Waste
- Certificate of compliance
- Guidance on applying for a late hours catering licence
- Guidance on Completing an Application for a Late Hours Catering Licence
- Falkirk Town Centre map
- Grangemouth Town Centre map
- Bo'ness Town Centre map
- Denny Town Centre map
- Stenhousemuir Town Centre map
You can also get application forms and more information on late hours catering licences by contacting us:
We are working towards an online application process and reviewing our forms and guidance notes.