The site occupies the areas of the Kinneil Estate and woodland. The site is roughly divided into 2 areas, one with a more formal landscape around the Kinneil House and the museum and a second area of mature coniferous woodland.
A section of the Antonine Wall goes through the north of the site.
The site was purchased in 1922, by the former Bo'ness Town Council, under the Public Parks Act to make it available for recreation for the general public.
For more information about the estate please visit the
Falkirk Community Trust website.