A House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) licence is generally needed if you own or part own accommodation which is used by 3 or more unrelated persons as their only or main residence and who share kitchen and/or bathroom facilities.

There are certain circumstances where you would not require this type of licence.

How to apply

We're working towards an online application process and reviewing our forms and guidance notes. To apply for a licence, please contact us.

Licensing Section
Municipal Buildings
West Bridge Street