You will need a Late Hours Catering Licence if you sell meals or refreshments between 11:00pm and 5:00am. Depending on where the premises are located depends on the hours you can operate to. If you look at the late hours catering policy (below) you will see what times you can apply for a licence. If you apply for hours outwith the current policy your application will automatically be determined at a meeting of the Civic Licensing Committee.

Unless your premises:

  • Holds a Premises Licence in terms of the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005; or
  • Holds a Public Entertainment Licence in terms of the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982; and
  • meals or refreshments are only offered within licensed operating hours.

The Council may, on application made to them, exempt the use of premises requiring a late hours catering licence from the requirement to have such a licence:

  1. In respect of any particular occasion; or
  2. during a specified period not exceeding 2 months in any period of 12 months.

How to apply

The late hours catering licence application form is available to download.

New or renewal application form
Variation application form
Arrangements for Disposal and Presentation of Waste
Certificate of compliance
Guidance on applying for a late hours catering licence
Guidance on completing an application form for a Late Hours Catering Licence
Falkirk Town Centre map
Grangemouth Town Centre map
Bo'ness Town Centre map
Denny Town Centre map
Stenhousemuir Town Centre map

You can also get application forms and more information on late hours catering licences by contacting us:

We are working towards an online application process and reviewing our forms and guidance notes.