If you want to hold a street collection or a house to house collection in the Falkirk Council area you need to have permission from Falkirk Council unless your charity is exempt.
If your charity is exempt you are required to advise us at least 3 months in advance that you intend to organise a collection.
Also, if the collection takes place in the course of a public meeting or by means of an unattended receptacle kept in a fixed position in a public place, you do not require our permission.
If you are going to organise a collection we prefer that you give us 3 months' notice.
If you wish to collect within the Howgate Shopping Centre, High Street, Falkirk, you should contact them direct by phoning 01324 631985.
How to apply
Download the forms you need, complete and return to:
- Public Charitable Collection application form
- Public Charitable Collection return form
- Extracts from the Public Charitable Collections (Scotland) Regs etc
- Guidance on Applying for a Public Charitable Collection
- Guidance on Completing a Public Charitable Collection Application Form